On December 1st heavy street battles and property destruction welcomed Mexico’s new president. Riots lasted about 7 hours in downtown Mexico city during which police, banks, businesses and monuments were attacked and police barricades outside the presidential inauguration were stormed by people, many encapuchdxs [hooded ones], wielding molotovs, stones, sticks, metal bars etc…
Early during the day there were reports of a youth being killed by a plastic bullet but was then changed in the media to a youth in coma, loosing an eye and receiving facial reconstruction. There’s also reports of dozens of protesters injured and many cops with burns and fractures.
At the moment of writing this, 69 people, 11 women and 58 men, have been sent to the cages of the State.
related articles / articles relatifs / artículos relacionados:
- Riots and street battles in the financial district of Montreal during the Plan Nord job fair (w/ pics & vidz)
- Matías Catrileo, Reborn – letter from the Street Struggle prisoners in $hile
- Communique from ITS claiming incendiary package sent to Greenpeace Mexico
- Mexico: Canadian silver mining company First Majestic exploiting sacred indigenous site and natural reserve
- Mexico: Conspiracy of Cells of Fire torches 13 shops at Las Torres shopping mall in Ciudad Juarez